Greater Bendigo Tourism Directory
Tours and Adventures
Showing 1 Categories
Do you like the Tourism Industry in Greater Bendigo?
Greater Bendigo Tourism
Greater Bendigo in Victoria is a region rich in cultural history and natural beauty. As a popular destination for tourists, there is an abundance of activities and attractions to be found in and around the area.
1. Bendigo Art Gallery - One of Australia's oldest and largest regional galleries with an extensive collection of Australian and international art.
2. Golden Dragon Museum - A fascinating museum that celebrates Bendigo's rich Chinese culture, with displays of ancient art, rare dragons, and intricate embroidery.
3. Central Deborah Gold Mine - Explore Bendigo's gold rush history with a tour through one of Australia’s deepest underground mines.
4. The Capitol - A beautifully restored 1920s theatre, featuring a range of performances and events.
5. Bendigo Joss House Temple - A Chinese temple built during the gold rush era, it is one of the few remaining buildings of its kind in Australia.
1. Lake Weeroona - A popular picnic spot with walking tracks, playgrounds, and stunning scenery.
2. Rosalind Park - A beautiful parkland in the heart of Bendigo, featuring manicured gardens and an impressive conservatory.
3. Bendigo Botanic Gardens - A peaceful oasis filled with colorful floral displays, water features, and walking paths.
4. Mt. Alexander Regional Park - A stunning parkland with panoramic views, abundant wildlife, and walking trails.
5. O'Keefe Rail Trail - A scenic track that follows the old railway line from Bendigo to Heathcote, offering a unique perspective of the region’s landscape.
Food and Drink:
1. Bendigo Farmers Market - A bustling market where locally grown produce is sold every second Saturday.
2. Bendigo Pottery Cafe - A charming cafe situated within the iconic Bendigo Pottery, featuring a variety of delicious menu options.
3. Masons of Bendigo - A renowned restaurant that offers top-quality modern Australian cuisine, using locally sourced produce.
4. The Dispensary Enoteca - A stylish wine bar and restaurant that specializes in Italian cuisine and world-class wine.
5. Harcourt Valley Vineyard - A beautiful vineyard that boasts a tasting room, picnic area, and stunning views of the surrounding countryside.
1. Bendigo Antique Centre - A fascinating emporium filled with a vast array of antiques and collectibles.
2. Bendigo Visitor Centre - A one-stop-shop for souvenirs, local products, and information on the region's attractions.
3. The Bendigo Collective - A unique shopping experience that features an eclectic mix of local designers, artists, and makers.
4. Olive Jones - A boutique store that offers a range of unique homewares, fashion, and gifts.
5. Bendigo Woollen Mills - An iconic manufacturer of high-quality Australian wool, with a factory outlet that sells yarn, clothing, and accessories.
These are just some of the many attractions, activities, and experiences that can be found in and around Greater Bendigo in Victoria, Australia. From cultural landmarks to breathtaking natural vistas, the region has something to offer every traveler. Contact details for each attraction can be found on their respective websites or via the Bendigo Visitor Centre.
Greater Bendigo Tourism Articles